Monday, 23 March 2015

Day 33

Shredded Wheat Nests (Makes 12) 

In the run-up to Easter I thought I would include a couple of Easter recipes. This is a very simple one that can be made by small children (obviously with adult supervision). I made this years ago and they disappeared pretty rapidly. 

Yes, I know that Shredded Wheat is made by Nestle but supermarket own brands are just as good and that's what I used.

Ingredients

200g milk chocolate (broken into pieces)

85g Shredded Wheat (crushed in a plastic bag)

2 x 100g bags mini chocolate eggs

Method

1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. Stir until melted.

2. Tip in the crushed Shredded Wheat bits and stir to combine.

3. Spoon the mixture into 12 cupcake cases. Press in the middle with the back of a spoon to create a nest.

4. Place the chocolate eggs on top of each nest.

5. Set aside to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment