3+2+1=6 Chocolate Flapjack (makes 8 slices)
Today I was helping to run a seed and plant swap event in Norwich. It was a lovely day with lots of people coming along and lots of gardening talk. Pretty close to a perfect day for me. I'd made a lemon drizzle cake and this very simple flapjack for the cake stall. A couple of people asked me for the recipe so here it is.
3ozs of butter
2ozs of caster sugar
1oz of golden syrup
6oz porridge oats (big chewy ones the best)
1. Put the butter, caster sugar and golden syrup into a saucepan and heat until it's a liquid.
2. Add the porridge oats and stir until thoroughly mixed
3. Add about 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and stir until well mixed.
4. Spoon into a well-greased baking dish (either square or circular). Press down and smooth with a wooden spoon.
5. Put into the oven at 180c for about 30 minutes.
6. Leave to cool for about 5 minutes and then cut into slices but do not remove slices.
7. When cold take slices out of the baking dish.