Saturday, 21 February 2015

Day 4

Raspberry Buns (makes 15)

This was a staple of my wife's grandmothers baking. It was the first thing I ate when I was introduced to the wider family of my wife. They are very simple to make and keep for several days. Apologies for the rather odd measurements and instructions. I had to convert the imperial used by Rachel's grandmother into metric and I had to copy down her hand-written (and very faded) recipe.

Ingredients

225g plain flour
170g margarine
110g sugar
1 level tsp. of baking powder
1 egg (beaten)
Raspberry Jam

Method

1. Rub together the margarine and flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.

2. Add the sugar and baking powder.

3. Mix with the beaten egg until it becomes a dough ball.

4. Roll out to about 1.5cm thick and cut out circles with a large cookie cutter.

5. Make a well in the centre of each circle of dough with a finger knuckle and put in some raspberry jam.

6. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 200 degrees.

7. Leave to cool on a wire rack.



No comments:

Post a Comment